Almond Butterfinger Hearts
Remember my healthy butterfingers I made for Halloween candy? Well I’m bringing those back for Valentine’s Day but with an almond butter twist! As much as I love peanut butter, sometimes I lean towards almond butter for a little more nutrients. Not only is almond butter delicious, but it is higher in protein and it’s also a great swap for any of my friends out there with peanut allergies. These almond butter fingers only have 6 ingredients so they’re super easy to make for this holiday, or quite frankly, any time of the year! Feel free to leave them plain, or jazz them up with some freeze dried strawberries on top on for a Valentine’s Day touch. I promise you, these will be a hit!
- 15 medjool dates
- 3 1/2 cups corn flakes (I used Erewhon Organic)
- 1 cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips (I like this brand)
- 1/4 cup crushed freeze dried strawberries, optional but they add some Valentine’s Day flare⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. First remove pits from dates. (I find it easiest to cut them in half to remove them)
2. Add dates, 3 cup of corn flakes, almond butter, and maple syrup to food processor.
3. Pulse until combined.
4. Add in the other 1/2 cup of corn flakes and pulse 2-3 times to combine. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
5. Grab 1-1 1/2 tbsp of dough and mold into heart like shapes.
6. Place on baking sheet and continue until batter in gone.
7. Set in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
8. Create a double broiler on stove top.
9. Add in chocolate and melt completely.
10. Using a fork dip butterfingers in chocolate and shake off excess so chocolate isn’t too thick.
11. Set back on baking sheet and sprinkle each with some strawberries. Repeat until all are coated.
12. Place in freezer for 1-3 hours to set up.
13. Store in the fridge or freezer.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul maybe!