Almond Donuts with Strawberry Jam
The perfect bite to share with someone you love this Valentine’s Day. Whether that’s your partner, your family, your friends, your dog, your cat, or even yourself. These donuts are gluten free and refined sugar free so no guilt while indulging! With minimal ingredients, and being very easy to make, they’re perfect to whip up together with the ones you love this holiday. Skip the material items and give the gift of food!
Yield: 8 donuts
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water, set aside for 5 minutes)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease your donut pan with coconut oil
3. To the bowl with your flax egg, add in almond milk, coconut oil, and almond extract.
4. Add in almond butter and mix until combined
5. Next mix all dry ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
6. Add wet to dry and combined until batter is formed.
7. Pour out batter filling all the way up to the top, these are BIG donuts!
8. Place in oven bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. While the donuts are baking, place glaze ingredients into small saucepan.
10. Heat on low, mashing strawberries until a chunky jam is glazed.
11. Once donuts are done, remove from oven top with glaze, freeze dried strawberries, and some chopped almonds.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your soul may be.