Apple Cider Donuts | Gluten Free & Oil Free
Apple cider donuts perfect for the fall season. These circles of joy are cinnamon-y and apple-y, while also being oil free and gluten free. So technically you can eat 7 donuts and have no regrets. I also kept this to a one bowl kind of treat, let’s be real I hate washing dishes so one bowl recipes are my jam. Snag the recipe below! These we’ll definitely please any crowd!
1 cup gluten free AP flour (I like this one)
1/2 cup almond flour (can add more AP flour but I find almond makes them fluffier)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 gala or honeycrisp apple
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt ⠀
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Finely chop apple into very tiny pieces.
3. Add to pan with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Then create flax egg and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Add wet ingredients into small bowl, followed by the cooked apples.
6. Next add in all dry and stir batter together, it will be wet.
**Okay so here is when things get a lil dicey. The batter itself is oil free, but I was too afraid to not spray my pans so I had to grease them.**
7. Lightly spray donut pans with cooking spray, I use avocado.
8. Pour out batter into donut pans filling all the way up.
9. Bake for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from donut pans and lightly cool.
11. Place 1 tbsp maple syrup into a dish, then add 2 tbsp organic cane sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon to a bowl.
12. Using clean finger or brush lightly brush tops of donuts with maple syrup. Dip donut into cinnamon sugar mixture.
13. Repeat and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.