Chocolate Cheesecake Bites with Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked for about 20 minutes in hot water)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup raw soaked cashews (I find it best to bring to boil on the stove for 15 minutes, then turn heat off and let set for about 10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (I love this brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Splash of plant based milk to loosen
1. After nuts are done soaking, start with your crust.
2. Place all crust ingredients into food processor and pulse until a dough forms. You will have to stop periodically to scrape down the sides.
3. Once combined, parchment line a loaf pan or pan of choosing, then press crust into bottom. It took me some time to work it in but just have some patience!
4. Next start on the filling. Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Mine at first was thick, but I added in some almond milk to loosen it up a bit.
5. Once smooth, pour out for crust. Use a spoon to make the top nice and flat.
6. Place in freezer and let set up for about 1-3 hours.
7. Remove from freezer once set and cut into squares.
8. Best kept in freezer, place in fridge for about 5-10 minutes before eating.
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a small blender add tapioca starch and 3/4 cup of the coconut milk. Blend on high until creamy.
2. Add coconut sugar and coconut milk mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Make sure to constantly stir with a whisk as it comes to a low simmer. This should take about 2-5 minutes.
3. Remove some saucepan and add in remains coconut milk, salt, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
4. Let cool slightly and pour oven cheesecakes bites.
5. To store place in glass container in fridge for up to a week.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.