Healthy candy? Count me in! I am a huge snacker, I have an addiction to snacking and I can’t lie about it. It’s hard to snack healthy because so many markets only sell unhealthy quick snacks. Lately I have really been aware of everything I put into my body. I’ve started stocking my fridge with fruits and vegetables that I can wash and prep whenever I need a healthy snack.
One snack I have been loving lately is simple dates and peanut butter. It’s an easy snack to take around, especially for me who is always one the go. So I thought why not amp up this already delicious snack.
I stuffed dates with creamy peanut butter, dipped them in chocolate, then topped them with some of my favorite toppings.
I really don’t have a yield on this because you can simply make as many or as little as you want. I ended up making 23, I should have made an even 25 but I was getting tired. I tend to make my recipes very late at night. Catch me binge watching The Office at 11 pm baking up all the delicious goods.
- Organic medjool dates
- Creamy unsalted peanut butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts)
- Vegan chocolate chips (I used this brand)
- Toppings you like! (I used Himalayan salt, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, and crushed pumpkin seeds)
1. First create a double broiler on your stove. Take a small pot and fill about 1/3 of the way with water. Place on stove and bring to bowl. Place slightly bigger glass or metal bowl on top of the pot.
2. Pour your vegan chocolate into bowl and heat on high until the chocolate starts to melt. Once the chocolate is starting to smooth out, reduce heat to low-medium. Stir until chocolate is completely smooth.
3. Date your dates and slice one side to remove pit. Once pit is removed stuff the date with peanut butter.
4. Using a fork, guide your peanut butter stuffed date into the chocolate. Tap off excess so the chocolate is even around all sides. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Take a spoon full of peanut butter and drizzle peanut butter over the top. Top with your toppings.
6. Make as many as you want then place in a freezer over night or for 2-3 hours until set.
Store in freezer until ready to consume, let set for 5 minutes before consuming.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.