Easy Pesto Zoodles
We have all done our fair share of indulging this season. I would be lying also if I said I didn’t pick up vegan, gluten filled, and refined sugar filled donuts for my family this morning as a New Year’s treat. Instead of beating myself up over it, I relax and take a breath. It is absolutely okay to eat sweets and the foods you want over the holiday season. That’s the whole reason we love this time of year so much! When it comes a time that we do need a lil body reset, this meal is perfect for you.
Whenever my body feels a little sluggish or “heavy” I feed my whole truly whole plant based foods. Whether it’s a salad full of raw veggies and a light dressing. Or a big green smoothie. Or even this simple pesto zoodles. My body feels like it is right back on track.
Ever heard of eating foods that raise your vibrations? Sounds like a crazy concept but I promise to you it is an actual thing and an actual feeling. You get this sort of “high” feeling almost as if your body is in ecstasy. Your body is literally surging with joy over the nutrient dense foods that went inside.
I first felt this feeling when I ate an almost raw veggie salad I made over the summer. I was driving to work while eating my food, per usual, when I felt this sudden feeling wash over me. I felt like I could conquer the world. It felt as if all the bad that happened early that day didn't matter and that no matter how crappy the shift ahead of me would be that I would be okay in the end. Everything just seemed that have made sense for me in the moment. Since then I’ve been chasing this feeling. Trying to make foods that I know will raise my vibrations, that will raise my spirts.
This too simple pesto zoodle is among the foods that not only raise your vibrations but reset your body after all the holiday eating we have been doing. Its creamy and fresh, and made with simple ingredients. Feel free to just eat the zoodles on it’s own or top it on top of lemony kale salad like I did.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large organic zucchini's
1. First wash your zucchini thoroughly
2. Next using a spiralizer, cut the ends of each zucchini and start creating your zoodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, too can always use a vegetable peelers to create ribbons. 3. Set zoodles aside.
4. Place all pesto ingredients into blender or a small food processor. Blend together until pesto is formed.
5. Place a large saucepan on the stove and bring to medium heat.
6. Once heated add a touch of water and place zoodles in pan. You can add oil but I wanted to use water to make it a little more light.
7. Next add in the pesto and heat until the zoodles are covered.
8. Optional plating: massage kale salad with avocado oil, lemon juice, Himalayan salt, and pepper. Layer on pesto zoodles, then top with red pepper flakes, hemp seeds, and thinly sliced fresh basil.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light on this beautiful new year!