Jalapeño Poppers (Gluten-Free)
Yield: 30 poppers
- 15 jalapeños
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tsp onion powder, divided
- 2 cups gluten free panko (You may not use all of it)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. First add cashews to a medium saucepot full of water and boil. Let boil for 20 minutes to quickly soak cashews.
3. Wash jalapeños thoroughly
4. Take a knife and slice pepper lengthwise to cut in half
5. Next use a spoon and scoop up the veins and seeds
6. Once cashews are soaked, drain and rinse.
7. Place in food processor with lemon juice, 2 tbsp almond milk, garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp onion powder. Blend until smooth.
8. Mix panko and remaining seasonings together. Place 1/2 cup almond milk in another bowl.
9. Remove cashew filling from food processor and mix in green onions in separate bowl.
10. Using spoon, fill each pepper.
11. Toss in almond milk, then sprinkle panko over on each side.
12. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then lightly grease with cooking spray. (I like this one)
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and enjoy! :)
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.