The Best Vegan Banana Bread | Gluten Free + Oil Free
I have finally cracked the code on making the perfect banana bread. This loaf is thick, moist, and the perfect treat any time of day. As always it is gluten free, refined sugar free, and accidentally oil free! I forgot to put the oil in it, but you actually don’t need it!
- 2 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp creamy unsalted peanut butter (only ingredients should be peanuts)
- 1 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. First create your flax egg and whisk together. Let stand for 5 minutes to set.
3. Next add in bananas and mash until smooth, or leaving chunks. Whichever you prefer!
4. Add in peanut butter, and vanilla next. Stir until completely combined.
5. Next add in almond milk and spices.
6. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients until completely combined, you can also sift together.
7. Add wet into dry and combine until thick batter is formed.
8. Parchment line a loaf pan, then pour out batter.
9. Mix together 2 tbsp rolled oats, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp coconut sugar and sprinkle on top of batter.
10. Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, then gently pull from loaf pan.
12. Let cool on wire cooling rack.
13. Slice up and serve with your favorite vegan butter or nut butter.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.