Coconut Crusted Tofu Nuggets with Healthy Sweet & Sour Sauce (Gluten-Free)
A vegan spin on the classic coconut shrimp. I know this may not seem like your typical Super Bowl party dish, but hey! I’d be pretty happy to have this on the table! These nuggets are gluten free and soaked in coconut milk to really pack all the flavor into them. On the side you have a healthy sweet and sour sauce to bring everything together. Healthy and delicious, perfect for your vegan addition to any Super Bowl party!
Coconut Crusted Tofu Nuggets
- 2 blocks organic extra firm tofu
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
1. First drain tofu completely.
2. Set out on a plate, both wrapped in paper towels.
3. Place another plate on top, and then something heavy.
4. Let tofu press for 30 minutes
5. Preheat oven to 375 F
6. Next mix coconut milk, coconut aminos, and sriracha together in a large bowl.
7. Take tofu and cut into nugget shapes.
8. Place in marinade and set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
9. In a flat bowl, mix together panko and coconut flakes.
10. Remove nuggets from oven.
11. Take nuggets out at a time with a fork then took in panko mixture.
12. Set on a lightly greased parchment lined baking sheet. (I like this brand the best for cooking spray) Repeat until all it used up.
13. Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until nuggets are nice and crispy.
Healthy Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic ketchup
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp tapioca starch, or arrow root flour
- 3 tbsp water
1. Place everything into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Place in saucepan and heat until thickened, took about 5 minutes.
To serve up place tofu nuggets onto plate with sweet and sour sauce in a small dish. Top with fresh scallions, sriracha, red pepper flakes, and everything but the bagel seasoning.
I hope you enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your soul may be.