Vegan "Fish" and Chips | Gluten Free
Say hello to vegan comfort food! This is my first “unhealthy” recipe I have ever shared on here and I am all about it. I eat so clean on the daily that sometimes I deserve a lil greasy action! This recipe does take a little time so make sure you have some a couple hours in your day to have enough time to get everything done. I made sure to keep this recipe gluten free and no canola oil at all! I simply made everything with avocado oil making it the best option for a fried meal. I hope you all enjoy this delicious vegan treat!
- Two blocks extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 3 nori sheets, chopped up (I like this brand)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup sparking water (I like this brand)
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 cup avocado oil
1. Drain tofu completely
2. Cut tofu into half lengthwise, then cut into thirds.
3. Place on clean dishtowel, fold towel over so tofu is covered.
4. Lightly press to help drain liquid.
5. Combine marinade in large glass baking dish.
6. Set in tofu, make sure everything is covered.
7. Place into fridge and let marinade for 30 minutes.
8. Combine all batter ingredients.
9. Remove tofu from fridge.
10. Add oil to pan and heat to medium.
11. Dip each”fish” in batter then gently set into heated oil.
12. Cook each side for 5 minutes.
13. Place on paper towel to drain, then on wire cooling rack.
- 1/2 lb red potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp old bay
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Cut potatoes into wedges, then rinse off starch.
3. Parchment line two baking sheets.
4. Add half the potatoes to one and half to the other.
5. Season potatoes and toss to combine.
6. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through.
Option to give the meal like this or make some sides! I made some vegan coleslaw but adding coleslaw mix, 1/4 cup vegan avocado oil mayo, 1 tbsp malt vinegar, and 1 tsp celery seeds into bowl. Make some tarter sauce by combing vegan mayo, lemon juice, old bay, and relish. Serve yourself up a large plate and finish with some fresh dill and chives.
I hope you all enjoy!
Sending you love and light wherever your beautiful soul may be.